The Goodhue County History Center (1166 Oak Street, Red Wing) is opening the sixteenth in its series of township exhibits on July 27 with a free Open House from 1-4PM. Burnside Township history is revealed through photographs and artifacts from early settlers, rural schools, churches, and businesses. Burnside Township witnessed the arrival of white settlers in 1854. The township was known as Spring Creek, Union, Milton, and finally Burnside in 1862. Communities in the area were Harlistown, Mt. Carmel, Cannon Junction, and Eggleston. The exhibit will be on display through the end of December 2013. For more information, call the History Center at (651) 388-6024.